Fashion designer, New York
Snezhana Paderina, Fashion and Wearable Technology designer based in New York
I am an innovative fashion designer working to elevate the repertoire of modern fashion by implementing modern technology with traditional techniques.
My background in Information Technology has moved my vision of style towards a tenuous combination of Avant-garde and Ready to Wear fashion.
Elements of architecture, technology, cyberpunk, literature and art can be found interspersed in all my silhouettes and designs.
Parsons School of Design (New York), Fashion Design BFA
National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (Saint Petersburg, Russia), Information Security (Faculty of Computer Technologies and Controlling Systems)
1st prize, Reshape Wearable Technology Competition, Barcelona
1st place, Fashion Futurum Accelerator by Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia
1st place, Fashion Design nomination at “Design NEXT. Design from ideas to prototypes” Central House of Artists, Moscow
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Costume Institute’s exhibition Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology. (Design competition)
- NYC Media Lab IoT Media Mash (Parsons x Intel)
- Parsons Festival: Impact! at South Street Seaport, New York (Parsons x Intel)
- SXSW “Design and Function” exhibit (Parsons x Intel)
- The Collective X Designow Fashion Show
- Identities Fashion Show produced by Harvard University
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia, FW19
Lectures & Appearances:
- Panel discussion on Innovative materials and production at Techtextil Russia by Messe Frankfurt
- Fashion Futurum by Russian Fashion Council and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia, Moscow
- Lecture on Fashion+Tech and Wearables, International Fashion Forum, Saint Petersburg
- iQ Intel. Adaptive Fashion: Clothes with Intelligence and Personality